Friday, May 15, 2009

A Clean Sock in the Hamper

You would think the hamper is a bad place to be for a clean sock. However I will put up with the smelly skid marks and the ketchup stained t-shirt if it gives me another chance to escape. As I lie here whiter than the day I was born smelling so fresh, so clean I plot my escape. As I hit the dryer I will wait for the spinning to commence. I'm going to have to time this perfectly if I want to cling to the walls of the dryer before I whip around and squeeze through the three by three inch whole on my way to Narnia. What a magical place that is where socks can prance around stench free with out a care in the world. A life without that five limbed oder magnet shoved so far up my behind I can barely move is one that I must obtain. I'm sick and tired of being walked over day after day with no time for me and my mate. The worst is when I get matched up with someone other than my life partner, most of the time they belong to another race. You are forced to make small talk for several days, sometimes it becomes extremely awkward. The only hope is to get matched back up with the wife on the next cycle. As I lie here, a clean sock in a dirty hamper I count my blessings because god has given me another chance to capture the socks dream, a lifetime in Narnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment